Assembling invites is not a fun task, but one thing makes it better: beer! Nicole and I assembled our invites over the course of a few days. First she stuffed them all with the map and printed invite. While we waited for the reply postcards to arrive in the mail we cut the envelope liners, glued them in place and stuck on the address labels. So now here we were ready to stuff envelopes and stick on the postage! I was actually quite surprised by how much they cost to mail… 88 cents a piece! At least we saved some money on the reply card postage!!
I alternated which post cards guests got so that groups of guests who all knew each other would get a different postcard.
One thing that saved me (and my tongue) was the envelope moistener! I would recommend this thing to everyone! The one Nic stole from work…. errr I mean we bought at the store had additional adhesive in it which was great since the envelopes didn’t stick all that well on their own. We even got envelope seals at the paper store that matched the color of our blue paper!
YAY! We got all the invites out in time! I was starting to get worried that our DIY adventure would make us late in sending them out! I am actually a little bit sad that part is all over. I had a LOT of fun designing them! Maybe after the wedding I will make them for other people!